Disclaimer:

Every post in the blog is an original piece of work by the blogger. Do not use the pictures, posts on the blog without the consent of the blogger.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by CopyscapeCreative Commons License
Aaditya and Me by Aditya Joshi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Language Matters #0

Credit to Pramod Balakrishnan for the title

When you wish to communicate, language matters! And when you wish to communicate well, language matters matter!!

The best time I have had at IIT has been when I have thought about language and stumbled over some interesting phenomena. One of the posts in this regard is: http://aadityaandme.blogspot.com/2009/02/cognition-of-numbers-in-languages.html

Needless to say, the fact that my studies in IIT have been in natural language processing.

'Language matters' is a series of posts that I aim to come up with (in addition to the other currently running series : 'Mothers' .. and of course the infinite movie/food places reviews that I write) about my observations about some language phenomena.

I do not claim to be the first to have noticed. As long as the posts entertain, I am ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment