Disclaimer:

Every post in the blog is an original piece of work by the blogger. Do not use the pictures, posts on the blog without the consent of the blogger.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by CopyscapeCreative Commons License
Aaditya and Me by Aditya Joshi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Faces and Masks

Note: One of my incoherent, random ramblings. The post is not as meaningless as it may sound after the first reading.

They were all there around me. They were the people we loved.

Thoughts hit you harder than any stick of the world. One hit me too and I thrust my hand onto their faces. I had suddenly acquired the claws of a werewolf. These people that we loved were all wearing masks and I so wanted to pull these masks off their skin.

When the first one's mask came off, I rejoiced, "Yes!!! I knew it was only a mask!" It gave me the confidence to attack the rest and to pull their masks off their cheeks.

Some time later, there were several masks on the floor. I let out a delirious laughter - for I had uncovered the evil and deceitful people who I thought I loved.

What did I get in the end?

A bunch of masks on the floor. Hands stained in blood of the people I had attacked even if they weren't wearing any masks.

I sat on the floor mourning. What was I mourning? The discovery of masks that some people wore? Or the fact that everyone there had left because I attacked them?

10 comments:

  1. hmmm.... i found it a bit disturbing on the first time. but then reading it once again made me feel like it was something i wld have always wanted to do but dared not doin so fearing the mourning.....

    thanks for penning down this thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As delirious as it is to unmask faces, it is equally heart-wrenching to know that one is surrounded by such masks at all, in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you know what Sue, it's sometimes good to know think about the masks and pull them out. You loose the ones who really loved you - and your hands are blood-stained out of pulling out the masks of the others.

    Let me ask a bold question: Do you think it is necessary to know the truth always?

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to not think about the masks and pull them out*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might prefer to know the truth always, unless I was apprehensive of discovering the "ugliness" of the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know there are people around us masked and not masked.... But somehow I feel no matter whosoever around if you believe that you are not the one wearing a mask your proper reciprocation can surely unmask the masked without hurting them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can only bow for this post.. its just wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Do you think it is necessary to know the truth always?" - a very important question.
    And, is the truth always absolute ?
    Is it better to know 'good' than 'truth' ?
    Our ancenstors said, "सत्यम् ब्रूयात् । प्रियम् प्रूयात् । न ब्रूयात् अप्रियम् असत्यम् । प्रियम् च नानृतम् ब्रूयात् । एषः धर्मः सनातनः।।" (Speak truth in such a way that it should be pleasing to others. Never speak truth, which is unpleasant to others. Never speak untruth, which might be pleasant. This is the path of eternal morality, sanatana dharma) ...


    And regarding the original post:
    Is it necessary to remove the masks of everyone around you? Wouldn't it be better if we love a few people so much that their mask comes off by itself without any blood being spilled, and learn to live with the masks of a few others ? That way, you will neither be lonely nor blood-stained ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, instead of the question of masking or unmasking the people, you need to know, what your gut instinct and the Intuition has.
    Regarding facing the Truth, you have the mental power to find out the Truth and so shall you possess the power to face it.
    And regarding the truth - You dont always need to know the truth, because, you cannot stop having faith in them, despite they being unmasked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we just have to live with it, masks are a part of every being

    ReplyDelete