Disclaimer:

Every post in the blog is an original piece of work by the blogger. Do not use the pictures, posts on the blog without the consent of the blogger.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by CopyscapeCreative Commons License
Aaditya and Me by Aditya Joshi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License

Monday, May 19, 2008

Mixture

"I am travelling by train with my parents and there's an earthquake. We get down at a station, take a staircase and we enter a cave. The cave is narrow - me and mom-dad we have to crouch to move around. There is a lady sitting in the corner who asks me not to go further. My mom-dad stop. I move ahead. My body shivers for a minute. I turn back. My mom-dad are moving away. I try to scream and ask them to stay back. But my voice is choked. I try to speak but in vain.

Then, I begin clapping. My mom-dad turn around. Whew, I'm so smart, I think. Just then, with them my neighbour appears. She says, "Hey Navin (her son), I have been looking for you for quite some time now!" I look at myself - I am not what I am. I look like Navin"

I saw this last night. And tells me what a mixture of thoughts our mind can bear, interprete and reflect. Here I try to draw threads out of this incident -
  • Read in the newspaper about the earthquake in China. Read this writeup where a group of people were trapped in a cave - and they had to eat cigarettes and drink their own urine to stay alive.
  • My favourite TV soap 'Asambhav' currently speaks about 'swapping bodies' - where the evil lady swaps her body with people.
  • I am travelling away from my parents for a couple of days for higher education- so there is some fear involved.
  • My neighbour and Navin are sincerely hoping that I don't need to go away - and that I get admission somewhere close by.

Just like a computer would, the human mind puts together its experiences and fears - and comes up with things like these!

Astounding, isn't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment