Disclaimer:

Every post in the blog is an original piece of work by the blogger. Do not use the pictures, posts on the blog without the consent of the blogger.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by CopyscapeCreative Commons License
Aaditya and Me by Aditya Joshi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Different - A Poem

I am writing a poem after a long time. I had written this poem long back. But I just lost the paper somewhere. But thoughts, they are captured in the mind .

The human mind is amazing. We look at the ant and see that it's so tiny - ever wondered what the ant must be feeling when it looks at you? Ever wondered what a magnificent sight it must be for the Sun as it sees the entire world every day!!

The poem is addressed to my mom and coincidentally it is her birthday today...

I looked at the stars
throughout the night
I was scared of the dark
When you were out of sight
Mom, I am different.

I never played in mud
never liked my hands dirty
And I had colour pencils
more than atleast a thirty..
Mom, I am different.

Why I played with words,
Why I stayed alone,
Why I liked to dance,
Why I simply loved purple,
Mom, I am different.

I looked into your eyes
There was something I had
deep in my heart, hidden
That I wanted to tell you..
But couldn't.
Mom, I am different.

I have always wanted to tell you,
I am different,
and I don't need a poem to say
what I have to..
But I will..
because..
I am different!

No comments:

Post a Comment