Disclaimer:

Every post in the blog is an original piece of work by the blogger. Do not use the pictures, posts on the blog without the consent of the blogger.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by CopyscapeCreative Commons License
Aaditya and Me by Aditya Joshi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My love for cricket

Cricket, the game India swears for. The game that sends people in a trance. The game that is discussed from newspapers to local trains.

Cricket, the gentleman's game. Cricket.. what?

I remember the days when these guys in my building would try and convince me into playing cricket. I would often be handed a bat and be bowled to. I would, however, keep staring at the ball and more often than not, hold the bat downside up.

And I ran like a lady carrying a pair of quadruplets. I could never finish a run - and was almost always the one who got out on a duck.

I started avoiding the game - because I would be the person people did not want in their team. That's when I decided I did not want to be on the team!

So when someone says 'cricket', the first thing I visualize is an insect that is known to sing at nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment