Disclaimer:

Every post in the blog is an original piece of work by the blogger. Do not use the pictures, posts on the blog without the consent of the blogger.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by CopyscapeCreative Commons License
Aaditya and Me by Aditya Joshi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License

Thursday, March 20, 2008

An Untitled poem

This is a poem I had written way back in 2004. That was when this blog did not exist...

I wanted to maintain its rawness by deliberately not tagging the poem with a title three years after it was written. So, it remains an untitled poem.

Not a great poem - but not bad either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am silent, and I am speaking; like the lines of a book
I am seated and I am in movement, like a straw on a river
whose journey will never stop...and who does not want its journey to stop...

I am laughing and I am weeping, my work is like that of clouds
I am straight and I am bent like the hair of my beloved
who wish to be touched...and continue to be touched...

I am clear and I am hidden, like a sun in the clouds
I am free and I am imprisoned like the fragrance of a rose
u can smell it, but cannot steal it...

I am burning and I don’t make any sound, like a candle
I am in chains, and I am in movement
...like the wheel of time going round and round.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Well, Gr8 usage of personification n also so gospel..... My friend this is on of the rarest poems which has rhyme which is hidden in its meaning.... cant give one.... Really awesome... Keep the good work going....

    ReplyDelete