Disclaimer:

Every post in the blog is an original piece of work by the blogger. Do not use the pictures, posts on the blog without the consent of the blogger.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by CopyscapeCreative Commons License
Aaditya and Me by Aditya Joshi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License

Sunday, January 06, 2008

"Maa.." from Taare Zameen Par

में कभी बतलाता नही
पर अँधेरे से डरता हूँ मैं माँ !
युंह तो में, दिखलाता नही
तेरी परवाह करता हूँ मैं माँ !
तुझे सब है पता,
है ना माँ?


The song is full of innocence. An eight year-old child who's scared. Who wants to be in his mom's arms. But is sent off to a boarding school.

The visuals of the boy standing, gazing at the car as it disappears, move you. He silently walks towards the boarding school which he has to call home. Where he must carry the burden of his books and of the expectations set for him by others.

The boy has a complaint. "I kept looking for you", he says, "when dad wanted me to go higher and higher on the swing. But I couldn't find you. Why did you not wait for me, mom? Why did you leave me so far away from you that I couldn't even try getting back to you?"

"You know it all, Mom.. You know I am trying to live up to papa's expectations. Why have you then left me alone, Mom?"

And you see Ishaan crying in the bathroom - leaning against the wall.

The song truly captures the essence of the film. The longing of a child to be understood and to be loved. A fundamental right which is.

1 comment:

  1. I saw TZP during our exams.

    n I really like the movie though I dont like the movies with emotionsl touch.

    I like the way of repesenting
    -emotion,
    -innocence,.
    -importance of "maa ka pyar" in life of any person,
    -the way to understand and handle the little ones mind, aspirations and spirit
    -and many other truths of life including "hard life that children live in our country"

    n so on...all touch your heart n soul and give feel of reality


    And most interesting part that I will mention here

    90% of people (including me) I asked who watched TZP with their family said that all their family members (especially Mom n dad) were shedding tears during the song "MAA...".

    ReplyDelete